Monday, August 20, 2012

My Outdoors Bucket List

I never thought I'd be the type of person to make a bucket list, because I just wasn't old enough, obviously! But as I got older ... yes, it's true ... and I explored my own passions further, I realized that there are so many things I can only hope I get to experience someday before I "kick the bucket".

An integral part of every bucket list is sharing it publicly as a means to fostering accountability. In theory, if I never share my list, I'll never explore some of my greatest outdoor wishes. Further, I share my list here in hopes that I may inspire some of you to explore your own passions and set your own goals to experience the outdoors in new and exciting ways.

My Outdoors Bucket List (in no particular order):
  1. See the cherry blossoms in Japan
  2. Spend a day at the Amsterdam Flower Market
  3. Pray while walking along the Western Wall in Jerusalem
  4. See the morning glory pools at Yellowstone National Park
  5. Drive along the Pacific Coast Highway in a convertible
  6. Eat pizza at the sidewalk cafe in Italy
  7. Camp beneath the Northern Lights
  8. Take a boat ride on the Sea of Galillee
  9. Take a hot air balloon ride in Albuquerque
  10. Watch the sunrise in the Moab desert
  11. Hike an active volcano
  12. See the Incan pyramids
  13. Ride a camel in Morocco
  14. Float in Senegal's Lake Retba
  15. Hike in New Zealand
  16. Sail Turkey's Ionian Coast
  17. Meet some South African penguins
  18. Go white water rafting on the Nantahala River
  19. Scuba dive in Iceland
  20. Tour the Judean desert by bicycle
  21. Hike along the Appalachian Trail
  22. Kayak on the Colorado River
  23. Camp in a hanging tent
  24. Go on safari in Africa
  25. Sit in the hot springs in Costa Rica
  26. Tour Alaska from the air

There's no sky diving, no bungee jumping, nothing too extreme. Just a few ideas I hope to experience someday before I die.

Please share, what's on your bucket list?





No comments:

Post a Comment