Compiled together, the book reads like an outdoor bucket list to be enjoyed the whole year round. Some of the activities require little or no materials or preparations. Those activities that are a little more involved are all still feasible DIY projects. I've done my best to collect some good links here in order to recreate a few of Arnold's favorite activities.
1. Climbing trees to see the earth from above
2. Watch bees collect nectar and make honey
3. Hang a tree swing
4. Weave an apple-blossom wreath
5. Make an apple blossom bouquet
6. Build a tree house
7. Learn to juggle
8. Nap on a matress of fall leaves
9. Pick a basket full of ripe, red apples
10. Bake apple pie
11. Press apple cider
12. Decorate apples for Halloween
13. Hang a garland of popcorn and cranberries for the birds
14. Build a snow fort and a snowman
If you've never read it, I'd encourage you to pick up a copy and enjoy The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree with your little ones today. Then get outside and enjoy the fall air!